Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Cup Bars

Peanut Butter Cup Bars


I've been in a baking mood lately. Last night we had some of our family over to BBQ burgers again . I like making dessert when there will be plenty of people around to eat it. Joe doesn't really care for sweets much so it falls on me to eat 7/8 of whatever I make...good for my taste buds, bad for my waist line.

I decided to make Peanut Butter Cup Bars. Another Pinterest found recipe. This one came from Brown Eyed Baker. I followed all of the directions with the exceptions that I buttered my foil before I stuck it in the pan and that I used a knife rather than a pizza cutter and cut it into smaller slices. In other words nothing that would have changed the flavor.

They were super easy to make. They were also pretty tasty to eat. I must admit, I'm not sure why I chose to make these. I'm not much of a peanut butter cup fan. I did love the tiny bit of crunch the graham cracker crumbs gave it. I would make them again for somebody who loves peanut butter cups.

Yesterday I also started on my mama's birthday gift. Her birthday is this Saturday. Her gift involves my first attempt at using spray paint...well first attempt at spray painting wood. I did spray paint foam to make the bread for our PB&J Halloween costume a couple of years ago. I'm also considering Mod Podge. I will use it if I can find the right paper for this project. I'll post the project after her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment